Updated: Dec 2, 2019
You've been practicing your letter forms and working diligently with your guide sheets. But how do you take your practiced skills and turn them into a finished project?
Here are 5 easy ways to add that extra bit of spice to your beautiful lettering:
1. Add a Crayola background wash. Check out my tutorial here.
2. Letter over a watercolor background. The washes below were painted with a wet-on-wet technique. I love painting wet-into-wet, because one simple color can create these beautifully soft and interesting backgrounds!
3. Add an illustration. Who doesn't love an adorable little Daisy?? ❤️
4. Bind your lettering into a book. Accordian books are VERY easy and a really fun way to showcase your calligraphy. You don't need a lot of materials, either. (fun fact: I cut fabric from an old bridesmaid dress for the book in these pictures!)
5. Add some sparkles. Gelly Roll Stardust pens are the absolute BEST for adding some sparkly details to any lettering project!
Want even more calligraphy how-to's? How about behind-the-scenes content and freebies? Click here to join my Email Insiders today and get a free downloadable worksheet for calligraphy you can create with just a pencil!