Let's get real for a moment: although I try to be very authentic and transparent on social media, there's always a side of me that no one gets to see. So I wanted to give you the opportunity to get to know me a bit better, and I'm sharing five things that most people don't know about me. Some of these things just don't come up naturally in conversation. Some of these things are a bit embarrassing, and I tend to keep them quiet. But I'm pulling back the curtain this week, in the hopes of connecting with you, my friend!
5 Things Most People Don't Know About Me
1. I adore Broadway music, and frequently blast my "Showtunes" station on Pandora while I work. ...and sing along, of course! My work music used to be classical music, but now a days it's Hamilton all day, baby! (ok not really, it's a large mix of broadway, but still...) I grew up participating in our community theatre group (I was in Annie and Oliver during middle school) and absolutely loved it. As an adult, I still love to pretend I'm Galinda, or Eponine, or Eliza Doolittle (I mean, those ladies have AMAZING numbers), and sing my heart out as I work!
2. I have a folder on my computer dedicated to tattoo designs I'd like to get someday. Tattoos are expensive, and I'm not rich...but someday I hope to be a bit more decorated! I love tattoos because for me, they're an outward expression of who I am - like jewelry or clothes. They start interesting conversations with people and help remind me of who I am on those days when the world pressures me to be something else.
3. I'm a HUGE math nerd. I was on my high school's math team (yes, that really does exist!). My senior year, I took AP Calculus and earned a perfect score on my exam for college credit...with a broken calculator. I toyed with minoring in math for the first 2 years of college, and my physics professor actively tried to recruit me to switch majors. If every problem in life could be solved like a math equation, I would be the happiest person alive!
4. I love playing golf. I took lessons as a kid, and played on my high school team. Unfortunately, it's a hobby I don't get to play as much as I'd like these days, but if given the chance I'll play 18 holes any day of the week. In my opinion, it's the ONLY acceptable reason to get up at the crack of dawn... I do love the smell of fresh cut grass and dew in at the mornings!
5. My hometown has a 3-story building shaped like a giant fish. Yes, it's true....Google "Big Fish Hayward" and you'll see how cool we are. The building is actually the National Freshwater Fishing Hall of Fame....probably really interesting if you're an avid fisher-person, but not my favorite elementary school field trip, to say the least. But you can stand in the fish's mouth, so that's something...right?
Thanks for reading! If you like what you see, here are a few other posts you might enjoy!